East Mound cemetery,
also known as Indian Cemetery, was once part of a small community that was
named for the lookout point used by Indians and settlers in the 19th
century. On March 15th, 1887, three acres were deeded for a school, which
ran until 1930, when it was consolidated with Bridgeport. The only visible
part of the community that remains is the cemetery.
Old East Mound School