|The community, named for some flat
stones that formed a landmark, had a Cumberland Presbyterian Church as
early as 1883. The burial ground near the church was deeded from his
land grant on August 28th, 1890, by ex-Texas Ranger George W. Stevens
(1831-1893) for the cemetery. After 1914, the population of Flat Rock
dwindled and the church was closed.
Confederate soldier's grave